THG Consultant Premises Security Expert
John Harris is an expert in real property security at THG Consultants. John draws on more than 30 years of experience in commercial property security and management to conduct comprehensive, candid assessments of real estate risks and to advise on how to minimize those risks. He has extensive experience delivering clear, engaging testimony about complex premises security matters to help jurors, judges and counselors understand the facts.
Highly Qualified Expert
John holds a Master’s degree in real estate finance and a Bachelor’s degree in accounting. He is board certified by ASIS International — the largest association for security management professionals in the world — in security management and physical security. His background as a certified public accountant gives him an important professional perspective into the financial matters related to a well-considered, comprehensive security plan.
Tailored Consultations and Risk Management Recommendations
John also has personal experience as a former owner of apartment complexes and other commercial properties, which gives him unique insight into the specific challenges owners might face when implementing effective security measures. In addition, he worked as a real estate broker giving him experience with the expectations of property owners, tenants, and business managers.
He has conducted more than 1,500 security risk assessments of commercial properties in almost every state in the country, in several U.S. territories, and in South America.
When conducting a premises security consultation, John considers the big picture. He makes security improvement recommendations tailored to each individual client’s business model, budget and physical structure.
Court-Qualified Expert in Premises Liability
As a court-qualified security testifying expert, John regularly testifies as an expert witness in federal and state courts. He delivers objective analyses for defense and plaintiff attorneys engaged in trial preparations, litigation, settlement negotiations, mediations and arbitrations. He often works with high profile clients to resolve multi-million dollar claims. His opinions have impacted individual damages valued at up to $29 million.
John Harris’s Credentials
Education and certifications
- M.S. Real Estate
- B.S. Accounting
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant (Retired)
- CPP, Certified Protection Professional, Board Certified by ASIS International
- PSP, Physical Security Professional, Board Certified by ASIS International
- "Finding A Remedy For Renters," December 2002 issue of TRIAL magazine, published by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)
Speaking Engagements and Television Appearances
- ASIS International, professional development programs, instructor
- Today Show, news program guest
- Dateline, news program guest
- 20/20, news program guest
- Good Morning America, news program guest
- Georgia State University Department of Criminal Justice, lecturer
- AAJ National Conference, speaker
- National Crime Victim Bar National Conference, speaker
Rely on John Harris for Experienced Premises Liability Consulting
THG Consultants delivers experienced property security consultation, comprehensive risk management solutions, and reliable, objective expert testimony. Consult with our premises liability team by calling 404-888-0060 or contacting us online (at firstname.lastname@example.org).