THG Consultants provides consulting services, forensic evaluations, and expert witness testimony. Our clients are organizations seeking solutions for cybersecurity and premises security; property owners/managers looking for strategies for security-related litigation avoidance; attorneys who are involved in premises liability litigation (inadequate/negligent security) requiring the services of consulting and testifying experts.
Our flagship business, founded by John Harris, provides premises security risk assessments to determine appropriate physical security measures and programs to comply with security industry best practices. For more than 20 years our firm has provided premises security consulting to commercial property owners and managers, risk managers and attorneys.
Our forensic practice is concentrated in the areas of inadequate/negligent security and negligent hiring, retention and supervision involving assaults, mass shootings, rapes and other violent crimes causing catastrophic injury, or wrongful death at apartments, bars and nightclubs, entertainment venues, office buildings, hotels, malls, parking lots, resort properties and other commercial properties.
Through relationships developed while conducting over 1400 forensic evaluations, we are frequently asked to assist in locating consulting and testifying experts for areas of litigation in addition to inadequate/negligent security. With confidence in our approach to our forensic practice, we have recently expanded with the vision to provide our clients with the same level of integrity, competence, and reliability by affiliating subject matter experts in the areas of cybersecurity and publicly traded securities.
We are a veteran/woman owned business comprised of consultants/testifying experts who have spent their careers building expertise in their respective fields.
Premises Liability Consulting
- Assess physical security risks of premises
- Develop property specific programs for risk mitigation
- Conduct due diligence related to property operations, maintenance, security programs, leasing, employee hiring, training and supervision
- Conduct forensic evaluations to make determinations and draw conclusions
- Opine regarding foreseeability, standards of care and proximate cause
Expert Witness Testimony
- Conduct intensive evaluation, examination, and analysis
- Prepare expert reports supported by facts
- Provide unimpeachable expert opinions
- Defend opinions during cross-examination in depositions and at trial
- Establish trust with each jury member